Hygrophila siamensis ‘himadri purple'(3 stems)
Out of stock
Email when stock available
This product can ship to all over India.
Hygrophila siamensis “Purple,” also known as Hygrophila corymbosa “Siamensis,” is a popular aquatic plant in the aquarium hobby. It is appreciated for its striking appearance, vibrant purple coloration, and ease of care. Here’s some information about Hygrophila siamensis “Purple”:
- Taxonomy: Hygrophila siamensis “Purple” belongs to the family Acanthaceae. It is a cultivated variety of Hygrophila corymbosa, a species native to Southeast Asia.
- Appearance: As the name suggests, this plant is characterized by its rich purple coloration, especially on the undersides of its leaves. The upper surface of the leaves can range from green to reddish-brown. The leaves are lance-shaped and can grow up to 5-8 centimeters (2-3 inches) wide and 10-15 centimeters (4-6 inches) long. When grown under intense light, the purple color becomes more prominent.
- Growth: Hygrophila siamensis “Purple” is a relatively fast-growing plant, making it an excellent choice for filling out the background or mid-ground areas of an aquarium. With adequate lighting and nutrient levels, it can quickly develop into dense, bushy clusters.
- Habitat: In the wild, Hygrophila species, including H. siamensis, are often found growing in or near slow-moving or stagnant waters, such as streams, rivers, and ponds, across parts of Southeast Asia, including Thailand.
- Aquarium Requirements: To cultivate Hygrophila siamensis “Purple” successfully, provide it with moderate to high lighting and a nutrient-rich substrate. The plant prefers water with a temperature range of 22-28°C (72-82°F) and a pH level between 6.0 and 7.5. Carbon dioxide (CO2) supplementation is not mandatory but can enhance growth and coloration. Regular fertilization, especially with iron-based supplements, will help maintain the plant’s intense purple color.
- Propagation: Propagating Hygrophila siamensis “Purple” is relatively straightforward. It can be propagated by cutting healthy stems and replanting them in the substrate. The cuttings will soon develop roots and grow into new plants.
- Maintenance: Pruning is essential to keep this fast-growing plant in check and to encourage bushier growth. Trimming the upper stems regularly will help maintain the desired shape and prevent the plant from overshadowing other aquarium inhabitants.
- Compatibility: Hygrophila siamensis “Purple” is generally compatible with a wide range of aquarium fish and other aquatic plants. It can be used as a background plant in larger aquariums or as a mid-ground focal point in smaller tanks.
Keep in mind that while Hygrophila siamensis “Purple” is relatively undemanding, it thrives with proper care and water conditions. It adds an eye-catching burst of color to the aquarium, making it a favorite choice for aquascaping enthusiasts looking to create a visually appealing underwater landscape.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.