Cryptocoryne lucens (large pot)
8 in stock
This product can ship to all over India
Cryptocoryne lucens is a species of aquatic plant belonging to the genus Cryptocoryne. It is popular among aquarium enthusiasts for its attractive appearance and ease of care. Here’s some information about Cryptocoryne lucens:
- Taxonomy: Cryptocoryne lucens is a member of the Araceae family, which includes various aquatic and terrestrial plants. Within the Cryptocoryne genus, there are numerous species, each with unique characteristics.
- Appearance: Cryptocoryne lucens is a relatively small aquatic plant, usually growing to a height of 10 to 15 centimeters (4 to 6 inches). The leaves are lance-shaped, and their color ranges from light green to olive green. The leaves can be either submerged or emerged, depending on the plant’s growing conditions.
- Growth: This plant is known for its slow growth rate compared to other aquatic plants, which makes it an excellent choice for aquascaping setups that aim for a more natural, less rapidly-changing look. Once established, Cryptocoryne lucens can form dense clusters, creating a lush and appealing appearance in the aquarium.
- Habitat: Cryptocoryne lucens is found in various parts of Southeast Asia, such as Sri Lanka and India. In its natural habitat, it typically grows in shallow, slow-moving waters like streams and marshes.
- Aquarium Requirements: To cultivate Cryptocoryne lucens successfully, replicate its natural environment in the aquarium. Provide moderate to low lighting, as excessive light can lead to algae growth on the leaves. The water should be relatively soft, with a pH range between 6.0 to 7.5 and a temperature of 22-28°C (72-82°F). A nutrient-rich substrate can also be beneficial for its growth.
- Propagation: Cryptocoryne lucens reproduces through runners, which are horizontal stems that produce new plants at their nodes. As the runners grow and establish themselves, they give rise to new clusters of plants. Once new plants have grown a few leaves, they can be separated from the parent plant and replanted in the aquarium.
- Maintenance: Cryptocoryne lucens is generally low-maintenance, but regular care is required to keep it healthy. Routine water changes, nutrient supplementation (liquid or root tabs), and pruning of damaged leaves or runners will help the plant thrive.
- Compatibility: Cryptocoryne lucens is a peaceful plant and can be placed alongside a variety of fish and other aquatic inhabitants. It also works well with other aquatic plant species in a well-balanced aquarium setup.
Remember that each aquarium setup is unique, so slight adjustments to the care requirements may be necessary to ensure the best growth for Cryptocoryne lucens in your specific tank. With proper care, this plant can add a touch of greenery and natural beauty to your aquatic environment.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.