Anthurium Big Bill (Single plant pot)
996 in stock
This product can ship to all over India
Note – Actual size of the product which we send is the hand held image.
Anthurium ‘Big Bill’ is a specific cultivar of the Anthurium plant, known for its distinctive and striking appearance. Anthuriums, also commonly called “Flamingo Flowers” or “Laceleaf,” are popular houseplants for their ornamental foliage and unique, long-lasting flowers. Here are some key characteristics and care guidelines for Anthurium ‘Big Bill’:
- Appearance: Anthurium ‘Big Bill’ is prized for its large, glossy, heart-shaped leaves that can grow up to 18 inches (45 cm) or more in length. The foliage is usually deep green and has a lush, tropical appearance.
- Flowers: What makes ‘Big Bill’ particularly unique is its flowers. The spadix, the central spike, is elongated and has a bright, contrasting color. It can be pink, red, or sometimes even white, which stands out beautifully against the backdrop of the green leaves.
- Light Requirements: These plants thrive in bright, indirect sunlight. They can tolerate some direct morning sun, but avoid harsh, direct afternoon sun, which can scorch the leaves. Insufficient light may reduce flowering.
- Soil: Use a well-draining potting mix that retains some moisture but doesn’t become waterlogged. A mix that includes peat moss or coconut coir is suitable.
- Watering: Keep the soil consistently moist, but be cautious not to overwater. Allow the top inch (2.5 cm) of the soil to dry out between waterings. Water less during the winter months when the plant’s growth slows down.
- Humidity: Anthuriums appreciate high humidity. You can increase humidity by misting the plant regularly, placing a humidity tray nearby, or using a room humidifier.
- Temperature: Keep your Anthurium ‘Big Bill’ in a warm environment with temperatures between 65-80°F (18-27°C). Protect it from drafts and cold temperatures.
- Fertilization: Feed the plant with a balanced, liquid fertilizer during the growing season (spring and summer) every 6-8 weeks. Reduce or stop fertilizing during the dormant period in the winter.
- Pruning: Trim off any yellow or damaged leaves to encourage new growth and maintain the plant’s appearance.
- Potting: Repot your Anthurium ‘Big Bill’ every 2-3 years, or when it becomes root-bound. Choose a slightly larger pot with good drainage.
- Pests and Diseases: Watch out for common houseplant pests like aphids, mealybugs, and spider mites. Keep an eye out for any signs of infestations and address them promptly.
Anthurium ‘Big Bill’ is a captivating plant that can add a touch of the tropics to your home with its striking foliage and unique flowers. By providing the right care and attention, you can enjoy its beauty for years to come.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.