Rotala blood red Singapore Version SG (6 stems)
524 in stock
Note: Depending on availability, we will be sending either emersed or submerged forms of this plant, If it has emerged leaves, it will have reddish-green round leaves and when submerged, they will turn to narrower blood red colored leaves.
Common Name: Rotala Blood Red
Rotala Blood Red is a farm-developed version in Singapore from Rotala Rotundifolia (which is native to southeastern China). The leaves are long and narrow, similar to those of Rotala H’ra. Rotala Blood Red is a more demanding type of Rotala and should be grown under high light and with an injection of CO2. Pictures show the plant’s submerged form vs. emersed form. When grown under these ideal conditions, the leaves will get a striking red color. In addition, doing iron may help bring out red colors in plants.
Rotala Blood Red grows in a vertical pattern, thus we recommend placing Rotala Blood Red as a background or midground plant. The vivid red coloration will definitely grab attention and bring depth to any aquascape. Rotala Blood Red can be grown in both submerged and emersed conditions, although a transition period will be required. To keep Rotala Blood Red nice and compact, regular trimming will need to be performed. The plant trimmings can then be replanted as a form of propagation.
- Rotala Blood Red can be grown both, submerged or emersed
- Do not make drastic changes to the aquarium and water parameters, sudden changes can result in the plant melting
- CO2 injection and quality aquarium soil are required for optimal growth and coloration
- Rotala Blood Red’s final size, coloration and growth rate are dependent upon the condition of the environment. Photos are a representation of what you will receive and may vary.
- Please research appropriately to ensure your plant thrives.
Family Name: Lythraceae
Temperature: 72-84 F
Propagation: Herbaceous stem cutting
Growth rate: Moderate to Fast
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.