Pothos Scandens (single plant)
828 in stock
Quantity: single plant (minimum 10 leaves)
Pothos scandens is a climbing tropical plant in the family Araceac. They are obligate climbers.Pothos scandens has become a much-demanded plant in various forms to fill the Paradise ofgreenery in garden.Pothos scandens is a genus of pothos in the family Araceac, subfamilyPothoideae. The genus consists of approximately 100 species.It is widespread from Madagascar through India, China, Malaysia, Borneo and Philippines.Its habitat is on the Trees and Rocks in primary and Secondary wet to dry lowland to hill evergreen tropical to subtropical forest, occasionally on sea cliffs, in hedge’s or on a variety of substrate including clay, limestone and granite, Rainforest, monsoon rain forest, mountains or river terraces, creeping on trees or on rocks.
They always remain flat and have a unique growing pattern. They have ovular dark green leaves only grow to above. They are epiphytic, which means it must grow on a supporting tree or plant.Most pothos scandens that have more than a leaf or two will come growing up along a wooden board.It is a non- flowering and free often greatly elongated, lateral branches., Slender to moderately robust, root – climbing Liane. Branches are seedlings with leaves congested. Leaves are bright to deep green adaxially. The unique shingling patter that has experienced a rise in popularity. It was made one of costa farms Trending Tropical collection.It prefers bright, indirect light, but will tolerate medium and low light. They do not do well direct sunlight, Since the sun will burn the foliage. Water your pothos when the top 50% of the soil is dry.
Your scandens enjoy weekly watering sessions, allowing its soil to completely dry out between watering to prevent overwatering and roots rot.During the winter months feel to water your scandens less frequently adjusting to let it dry out fully. Pothos can do well in low humidity environments, but they prefer a place with higher humidity since they are tropical plants. It also the same with temperature. They can tolerate moderate temperature ranging from 55-85°F, but prefers higher temperature hanging from 70-90°.
Shingle plants are incredibly easy to propagate in moist soil. Stem cuttings are the best way to go propagate it. Take some sharp sheers and cut a piece of stem about 5 inches long with two or three nodes. Dip the base of the cutting in rooting hormone powder, and plant it with one node in soil.
The Bacterial and fungal infections are few problems of this plant.it is very tolerate to most problems and pest. Fertilizers and plant food can help to increases the growth rate. Slow- release formula is good. It can use springtime period.
But in winter or autumn, don’t fertilize the plant. Don’t over fertilizes that can cause reduced growth, burnt and dry leaf edges, wilting or even death.Checking plants regularly for problems definitely helps though.
In India you can buy Pothos Scandens plants online anywhere through our website. We have delivers to Andhra pradesh, Arunachal pradesh, Assam, Bihar, Chhattisgarh, Goa, Gujarat, Haryana, Jammu Kashmir, Himachal Pradesh, Madhya pradesh, Jharkhand, Kerala, Karnataka, Mizoram, Maharashtra, Manipur, Meghalaya, Nagaland, Odisha(Orissa), Punjab, Rajasthan, Sikkim, Tamilnadu, Telangana, Tripura, Uttar Pradesh, Nagaland, Uttarakhand and West Bengal.
The Pothos Scandens is also a primarily gifting plant too. So, if you want to find a good gift for your boss or manager Pothos scandens would be an apt choice.
What makes it’s Special:-
● It is one of the rarest indoor and outdoor plant.
● Easy to care and low maintained.
● It is one of the most beautiful ornamental plant.
● It is a super stylish plant.
● It was beautifully grown in a shingling pattern.
● It is used medicinally in Yunnan.
● It has been traditionally used for reducing swelling and other health issues.
Sr Item name
1 Pothos scandens.
2 4 inch (10 cm)Grower round plastic pot (black).
3 4.5 inch Ronda No. 1110 round plastic planter ( White ).
Plant Height 6-12 inch (15-30 cm).
Plant spread 3-5 inch (7-13cm).
*above specification are indicative only. actual dimensions may vary by +-10%
Common name Climbing Aroid.
Scientific name Pothos Scandens
Maximum reachable height It can grow 30 feet in height
Native habitat W. Indian Ocean, Tropical & Subtropical Asia.
Type Tropical and evergreen.
Leaves Shingling up to six inches of oval, dark green leaves.
Stem Green rectangle – shaped to terete vines that have short nodcareing.
Planting and care.
● Pothos Scandens ,This plants need bright, indirect light. Around 70% direct sunlight need for it. Sometimes overexposure to direct sunlight will burn their delicate leaves and also harm the plants.
● It also grow very well with artificial light.
● Pothos Scandens,needs well draining, airy soil, and has a high content of nutrients
● Poke your finger/plain small stick into soil to check the moisture.
● Apply a small amount of water.
● Watering the plant 3 times a week or during the growing season ( spring and summer)
● Don’t overwater the plant.
● When the soil is very moist it could lead to root decay and also don’t let it get too dry, it can cause curls to leaves and decrease the growth rate.
● Most of shinglings, there is no need to pruning. Unless they remove dead, sick, disease or yellow ones.
● By doing this, it will help to fast growth by allowing light get more leaves.
● Trim the plant to maintain its shape or size.
● In pruning, you can use an unsterilized pruning knife, scissors or shears to avoid spreading disease.
● It’s best to clean the leaves regularly, it will help to enhance their appearance and avoid pests.
● For any insects attack or disease, we can use Neem oil, citrus oil spray for primary treatment
● Overwatering, especially when pot does not have drainage holes.
● Low light
● Direct sunlight
● Low humidity or dry air
Initial care for 1-2 weeks after receiving plant at your location.
● keep the plant in natural indirect sunlight or Artificial Bright light.
● Keep the soil bed moist, never allowing it to dry out.
● Watering can be possible. ( Approx. 100 ml)
● Rooting hormones( Optional )
● Don’t re- pot for min. 2-3 weeks after receiving it.
Key requirements to keep plant healthy.
Sunlight Light that is Bright and indirect.
Watering It enjoy weekly watering sessions.
Soil High organic matter, well drained soil mix or pot mix.
Fertilizer A well diluted balanced feed every 3 or 4 weeks.
Propagation Cutting of the stem.
Care level Easy or low
Special features :
● One of the rare indoor and outdoor palnt.
● It is one of the most beautiful ornamental shingling plant.
● Medicinal value is high.
Pothos Scandens uses:-
● This Plant is used medicinally in yunnan for treating traumatic injuries and rehumatic arthralgia.
● The leaves are used as tea by the Dai ethnic minority.
● It has been traditionaly used for reducing swelling and treating wounds, muscle catches, sprains, bone fractures, blisters and diarrhea.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
There are no reviews yet.