Aglaonema red lipstick/ Aglaonema siam aurora (Single plant)
11 in stock
AGALONEMA RED LIPTICK:
These are a perfect addition to any room when a pop of colour is becomes necessary. This exotic variety of red aglaonemas has bright red margins and the red mid veins, adding the sophistication and the vibrancy that a room requires. The leaves of the plant are lanceolate shaped and pointy red of green leaf tips.
HOW TO CARE FOR YOUR PLANT:
- A soil with acidic pH (5.6-6.5), also well-draining. Using sand with the soil will improve the draining ability of the soil.
- These plants prefer moist but not wet soil.
- A little misting of the soil will provide the required humidity, mimicking the natural environment i.e., tropical soil.
- Place the plant at any indirect sunlight location; away from direct sunlight or else it will scorch/burn the leaf.
- They require indirect sunlight for their optimum growth. Though they can be tolerant of the low lights.
- Water the plant only when 2-3 inches of the top soil has dried.
- Underwatering will lead to drooped leaves.
- Overwatering will lead to rotting of the roots. The signs of overwatering are yellowing or browning of leaves and stalks.
- Pruning is generally not required but can be performed for bushier growth or to contain the plant.
- Prune the plants just above the nodes for bushier growth and trim off the old growth if not in good condition.
- Plants, when provided with ideal conditions, grow robustly. Therefore, fertilize according to the growth of the plant.
- Preferably, once or twice a year, in the growing season of the plant (beginning of March-April)
- Aglaonemas can re-potted every twice or thrice a year depending upon the growth of the plant.
PROPAGATION OF PLANT:
- Aglaonemas can be propagated using stem cuttings
- The roots will develop within 3-4 weeks.
|ORIGIN||Subtropical forests of Thailand, Indonesia, and Malaysia|
|COLOURS ON PLANT||Red, dark green|
|SOIL||Peat, acidic and well-drained soil|
|LIGHT REQUIREMENT||Medium to high indirect sunlight|
|WATERING||2-3 times in a week (when kept indoors), more often (outdoors, especially in summers)|
|FERTILIZERS||Once in 6 months|
KNOW YOUR AGLAONEMAS:
These beauties are commonly called as CHINESE EVERGREENS. They grow up to 1-2 feet tall and 1-2 feet wide. Aglaonemas are tropical plants with variegation and waxy foliage. They are tolerant to moist and dry as well as to low light conditions. Due to its origin in subtropical forests, of Thailand, Indonesia and Philippines, it stays relatively short throughout its life and is quite sturdy.
The lighter parts of the plant will require more bright indirect sunlight than the darker parts. So, place these variegated beauties accordingly.
Do remember all these tropical plants need humidity to thrive so misting of these plants just enough, such that it is not wet.
NASA has placed aglaonemas in its top list of plants able to remove benzene and formaldehyde.
Quantity: A single plant with roots.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.