Rhaphidophora Hayi (single plant)
19 in stock
Quantity- single plant
Rhaphidophora hayi is one of the rare and beautiful tropical houseplants with a shingling pattern that has experienced a rise in popularity. In nature, Rhaphidophora is a genus in the family Araceae, occurring from Africa eastwards through Malesia and Australia. Rhaphidophora hayi are trending plants right now, but they are rare, so it might be hard to get your hands on one.
Rhaphidophora Hayi, also called shingle plant and Shingle vine, because they produce aerial roots on their stem and climb on vertical surface. The genus consists of Approximately 100 species.
Rhaphidophora Hayi is a beautiful shingling climber with deep Forest green heart shaped velvety leaves. At maturity the leaves can reach 5 cm in diameter. However, this will only occur if the plant is mounted on a suitable surface such as untreated soft wood or a sphagnum moss totem.
Mainly it grows in monsoon forest and rainforest. They also remain flat and have a unique growing pattern. They are epiphytic (it must grow on a supporting tree or plant) from which it will derive some of its nutrients from. Shingle plants are incredibly easy to propagate in moist soil. Stem cuttings are the best way to go about it. Take some sharp sheers and cut a piece of stem about 5 inches long with two or three nodes. Dip the base of the cutting in rooting hormone powder, and plant it with one node in soil. Most Hayi plants that have more than a leaf or two will come growing up along a wooden board.
In a lowland rainforest, is very humid, wet and warm an environment. This is the best place for growing Rhaphidophora Hayi. This plant needs tons of bright, indirect light. Around 70% direct sunlight need for it. Sometimes overexposure to direct sunlight will burn their delicate leaves and also harm the plants. Is also grow very well with artificial light. The Rhaphidophora Hayi needs well draining, airy soil. This plant must be kept moist through spring and summer. Hayi plants love humidity. This plant wants watering and airflow for better growth. Watering these plants when the top soil of 2-3 inches of the pot is dry. watering the plant 3 times a week is sufficient.
The Bacterial and fungal infections are few problems of this plant.it is very tolerate to most problems and pest. Fertilizers and plant food can help to increases the growth rate. Slow- release formula is good. It can use springtime period.
But in winter or autumn, don’t fertilize the plant. Don’t over fertilizes that can cause reduced growth, burnt and dry leaf edges, wilting or even death. Checking plants regularly for problems defenactly helps though.
In India you can buy Rhaphidophora Hayi plants online anywhere through our website. We have delivers to Andhra pradesh, Arunachal pradesh, Assam, Bihar, Chhattisgarh, Goa, Gujarat, Haryana, Jammu Kashmir, Himachal Pradesh, Madhya pradesh, Jharkhand, Kerala, Karnataka, Mizoram, Maharashtra, Manipur, Meghalaya, Nagaland, Odisha(Orissa), Punjab, Rajasthan, Sikkim, Tamilnadu, Telangana, Tripura, Uttar Pradesh, Nagaland, Uttarakhand and West Bengal.
The Rhaphidophora Hayi is also a primarily corporate gifting plant too. So if you want to find a good gift for your boss or manager Rhaphidophora Hayi would be an apt choice.
What makes its special :
● It is one of the rarest indoor plant.
● Easy to care and low maintaince.
● It requires small amount of water to survive.
● It was beautifully grown in a shingling pattern.
● It is one of the most beautiful ornamental plant.
Sr Item name
1 Rhaphidophora Hayi- plant
2 4 inch (10 cm) Grower Round Plastic Pot (Black)
3 4.5 inch (11 cm) Ronda No. 1110 Round Plastic Planter (White)
Plant Height 15-30cm
Plant spread 7-13 cm
*above specification are indicative only. actual dimensions may vary by +-10%
Common name Shingle plant
Scientific name Rhaphidophora Hayi
Maximum reachable height It can grow 30 feet(10) in height oru greater.
In the home, it can only reach about 5 feet.
Native Habitat Queensland, New Guinea, solomon and island.
Type Tropical and evergreen.
Leaves Shingling up to six inches of oval, dark green leaves.
Stem Green rectangle – shaped to terete vines that have short nodes.
Planting and care
● Rhaphidophora Hayi,This plants need tons of bright, indirect light. Around 70% direct sunlight need for it. Sometimes overexposure to direct sunlight will burn their delicate leaves and also harm the plants.
● It also grow very well with artificial light.
Rhaphidophora Hayi needs well draining, airy soil, and has a high content of nutrients.
● Poke your finger/plain small stick into soil to check the moisture.
● Apply a small amount of water.
● Watering the plant 3 times a week or during the growing season ( spring and summer)
● Don’t overwater the plant.
● When the soil is very moist it could lead to root decay and also don’t let it get too dry, it can cause curls to leaves and decrease the growth rate.
Application of Fertilizer
● Fertilizers help to increase the growth rate and ensure the plants shingle looks lush.
● In spring season, the slow- release formula is very well to apply to the plant.
● Fertilize the Rhaphidophora Hayi biweekly throughout the growing season.
● But in, non growing season ( winter or Autumn) Don’t Fertilize the plant.
● The overuse of fertilizers also cause reduced growth and dry the leaf edges.
● Most of shinglings, there is no need to pruning. Unless they remove dead, sick, disease or yellow ones.
● By doing this, it will help to fast growth by allowing light get more leaves.
● Trim the plant to maintain its shape or size.
● In pruning, you can use an unsterilized pruning knife, scissors or shears to avoid spreading disease.
● It’s best to clean the leaves regularly, it will help to enhance their appearance and avoid pests.
● For any insects attack or disease, we can use Neem oil, citrus oil spray for primary treatment.
● Overwatering, especially when pot does not have drainage holes.
● Low light
● Direct sunlight
● Low humidity or dry air
Initial care for 1-2 weeks after receiving plant at your location:
● keep the plant in natural indirect sunlight or Artificial Bright light.
● Keep the soil bed moist, never allowing it to dry out.
● Watering can be possible. (Approx. 100 ml)
● Rooting hormones (Optional)
● Don’t re- pot for min. 2-3 weeks after receiving it.
Key requirements to keep plant healthy
Sunlight Light that is bright and indirect,It is possible to the tolerant of light levels that are lower.
Watering Medium, let the top two to three inches of the soil feel dry.
Soil High organic matter, well drained soil mix or pot mix.
Temperature 60degF – 80degF, but not Frost hardy.
Fertilizer A well diluted balanced feed every 3 or 4 weeks.
Common issues Smaller leaves due to not having a climbing trellis.
Propagation Cutting of the stem.
Toxicity Toxic to animals and humans
Care level Easy.
Special features :One of the rare indoor palnt and it was beautifuly grown in a shinglings pattern.
It is one of the most beautiful ornamental shingling plant.
Rhaphidophora Hayi Uses:
● Shingle plant is grown for ornamental use only.
● You can use this plant to get versatile plant ornamental including terrarium, terrestrial pots, tree wraps and covers for walls and ground.
In India, we can sell this Rhaphidophora Hayi via online delivery systems to any state including Andhra Pradesh, Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Bihar, Chhattisgarh, Goa, Gujarat, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, Jammu & Kashmir, Jharkhand, Karnataka, Kerala, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Odisha (Orissa), Punjab, Rajasthan, Sikkim, Tamil Nadu, Telangana, Tripura, Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand, andÂ West Bengal.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.