Needle leaf Java fern (single plant)
40 in stock
This product can ship to all over India.
Java Fern is known for its hardiness and adaptability, making it a great choice for both beginner and experienced aquarium enthusiasts. The “Needle Leaf” variation of Java Fern is a distinctive subtype characterized by its narrow and pointed leaf shape, which sets it apart from the broader leaves of the typical Java Fern.
Here are some key points to know about Needle Leaf Java Fern:
- Botanical Features: Needle Leaf Java Fern is a freshwater plant that belongs to the family Polypodiaceae. It is an epiphytic plant, meaning it naturally attaches itself to surfaces like rocks and driftwood in its native habitat, rather than rooting in the substrate.
- Leaf Shape: As the name suggests, the most distinguishing feature of Needle Leaf Java Fern is its long, narrow, and pointed leaves. These leaves can grow up to 6-8 inches (15-20 centimeters) in length but remain relatively slender compared to other Java Fern varieties.
- Coloration: The leaves of Needle Leaf Java Fern are typically a deep green color, which is characteristic of most Java Fern varieties. The color can vary slightly depending on the lighting conditions in the aquarium.
- Lighting and Water Conditions: Like other Java Fern varieties, Needle Leaf Java Fern is known for its ability to thrive in low to moderate lighting conditions. It is also quite adaptable to a wide range of water parameters, although it generally prefers slightly soft and slightly acidic water.
- Propagation: Needle Leaf Java Fern can be propagated by splitting the rhizome. The rhizome is the thick horizontal stem from which the plant’s roots and leaves grow. To propagate, carefully separate a portion of the rhizome and attach it to a new surface. Over time, new plantlets will develop from the rhizome.
- Placement: You can attach Needle Leaf Java Fern to various surfaces within the aquarium, such as rocks, driftwood, or even decorations. Use fishing line, cotton thread, or aquarium-safe glue to secure it in place until it establishes its own attachment.
- Maintenance: This plant is relatively low-maintenance. It doesn’t require frequent pruning, and it can thrive without nutrient-rich substrates. However, it benefits from occasional nutrient supplementation and carbon dioxide injection for more robust growth.
- Compatibility: Needle Leaf Java Fern is compatible with a wide range of aquarium fish and invertebrates. Its dense, textured foliage provides excellent hiding places for small fish and fry.
Overall, Needle Leaf Java Fern is a visually appealing and undemanding aquatic plant that can enhance the aesthetics of your aquarium while providing shelter for aquatic life. Its unique needle-like leaves make it a sought-after choice for aquascaping projects, particularly in smaller aquariums or nano setups where its slender form can create a sense of scale and balance.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.