Gardenia jasminoides variegated/ Gandharajan (Single plant)
Out of stock
Email when stock available
This is a beautiful flowering plant that has white colours and a mild smell. The flower is seasonal and is planted during the spring time. The petals of the flower are waxy and smooth to touch.
HOW TO CARE FOR YOUR PLANT:
- A soil with acidic pH (5.0-6.5), well-draining, loamy soil.
- These plants prefer moist and humid soil. Avoid misting in the winter months as it can lead to fungal problems especially when kept in indoors.
- Position your plant such that it gets indirect sunlight and protection from strong sunlight in the afternoon or else it will scorch/burn the leaf/ leaf fall.
- They require indirect sunlight for their optimum growth. Though they can be tolerant of the low lights, but the leaves may be dark.
- Prefers morning sun and afternoon shade.
- Water the plant only when 2-2.5 inches of the top soil has dried.
- Watering schedules to be taken care of especially during the warmest months of the year and hence requires a more frequent waterings.
- Overwatering will lead to rotting of the roots. The signs of overwatering are yellowing or browning of leaves and stalks.
- Fertilizing throughout the growing season i.e., spring to summers (April-November), preferably every 2-4 weeks will boost growth of the plant and faster bloom.
- Prune the plants after the bloomed flowers have become old, to enhance growth and remove the weak sections if the plant part.
PROPAGATION OF PLANT:
- Cut a stem of 3-4 inches long.
- Dab on some root hormone and dust the excess of it.
- Plant these stems in 1-3 inches deep moist soil, away from direct sun.
- Plant in spring or summer.
- The roots will develop within 4 weeks of time.
|ORIGIN||Malaysia and Indonesia|
|COLOURS ON PLANT||White|
|PLANT TYPE||Tropical; OUTDOOR/INDOORS|
|LIGHT REQUIREMENT||Indirect sunlight; protect from afternoon sun|
|WATERING||When 2-2.5 inches of topsoil appears dry; frequent in summers|
|FERTILIZERS||Feed during mid-March or April|
|GROWING SEASON||Spring to summer|
Quantity: A single stem with bare roots.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.