Coleus plant -6 different colors
Out of stock
Email when stock available
5 different varieties
These are amazingly beautiful tropical foliage plants, which can be planted in outdoor garden containers hanging baskets, or indoors. These are small plants not growing taller than 1-1.25 meters. They are native to the countries near equators i.e., Ecuador.
HOW TO CARE FOR YOUR COLEUS PLANT:
- Coleus prefers loose, moist, organically rich acidic soil (pH 6-7).
- when kept indoors watering twice or thrice a week is appropriate. Watering should be more frequent when the plant is placed outdoors.
- It does well in partially shaded to full sun. Since it is a small plant, indirect light will be best suited (protect the plant during long hours of direct light i.e., in the afternoon).
- The plant can be cut at the growing tips from the stems of about 6 inches length. This will make the plant bushier and reduce its reproductive growth i.e., producing flowers. The flowers of coleus are small, blue coloured.
- Tropical plants are sensitive to cold temperatures. Place with extreme temperature may lead to the death of the plant. So, grab some stem cuttings from the plant (for propagation) before winter arrives.
- Since, these plants are generally annual, so they require fertilizers during that time every once of twice a month or a week (preferably a liquid fertilizer) or once in two months when using a slow releasing fertilizer.
HOW TO PROPAGATE YOUR COLEUS:
- Take a stem cutting of 4-6 inches in length.
- Remove all the leaves from the lower section of the stem.
- Let a set of 4 leaves be present on the top of the cutting.
- Place the cutting in water, away from direct sunlight but in a bright spot.
- The roots will begin to develop within 3-4 weeks.
- When the root are 1-2 inches, plant them in the soil.
- Make sure the lower section of the cutting is free from leaves.
- Propagation from seeds is also a choice, but it may take longer for the plant to germinate and may affect the viability of the seeds if stored for long.
|COLOURS ON PLANT||Red, orange, pink, violet, green, yellow,|
|PLANT TYPE||Tropical; OUTDOOR/INDOOR|
|SOIL||Acidic to neutral pH; moist/loose soil|
|LIGHT REQUIREMENT||Indirect sun/ full sun (depends on varieties)|
|WATERING||When 1-2 inches of topsoil appears dry; frequent in summers|
|FERTILIZERS||Once or twice a month during growing season|
|PROPAGATION||Stem cuttings; seeds|
KNOW YOUR COLEUS:
Light plays a major role in bringing out the vivid patterns and shades of this plant. The colours such as red and orange on this plant are known to tolerate all day full sun but the variety with purple and black-ish colours fade when kept in full sun. For colours other than mentioned above, keeping the plant in shade for longer duration will lead to not-so-much- colour on the leaves i.e., more of a single-coloured leaf.
NOTE- This particular plant is send as stem cuttings only
Quantity: A minimum of any seven different color coleus plants. Color varies depending on our stock at the farm and according to the season.
Coleus plant is a genus of annual or perennial herbs or shrubs.They have square stems and small, blue, two-lipped flowers borne in spikes.
They are found in different leaf shape and different color combinations of green, yellow, pink, red, maroon, etc .
They are under Family Lamiaceae and are found at Tropical and subtropical Asia to northern Australia.Coleus plant are easy to grow and durable.Plant’s popularity has led to the development of over 600 different varieties.
As an indoor plant, it is used as an
welcome colorful addition to the living room.
Coleus plant has many medicinal purposes such as treat heart disorders such as high blood pressure and chest pain as well as respiratory disorders such as asthma at ancient times and the root of coleus contain a chemical called Forskolin which is used in medicinal purposes. They are commonly known as painted nettle and are fast growing,easy to care.Most of them grown in shady areas and some are heat tolerant.
What makes it special:
✴️Easy to care and low maintenance plant.
✴️At ancient times,they are used in medicinal purposes such as to treat heart disorders and respiratory disorders such as asthma.
✴️They gives attractive and colorful look to the gardens.
Sr Item name
1 Coleus Plant
2 5inch (13cm) Grower Round Plastic pot (Black)
Plant Height 6 inches to 42 inches
Plant Spread 36 inches
above specification are indicative only. actual dimensions may vary by +-10%
Common Name Painted nettle,Croton of poor man
Maximum Reachable Height 1 to 8 feet
Flower Color Pink Leaves
Bloom Time Seasonal
Difficulty Level Easy.
Planting and Care
✳️Most of the coleus plant grown in shady places,but some varieties have been developed to be more tolerant of heat and sun. Too much sunlight can cause fade in plant leaves.
✳️They grows in moist, rich, loose, well-draining soil.Apply organic matter or compost before planting and provide drainage holes .
✳️With the help of finger or a stick check the moisture of the soil.
✳️Apply small amount of water in the top of the plant until keeping the soil slightly moist.
✳️Do not overwater the plant.
✳️ Coleus plant grow best in moist soil but not soggy and provide more water during prolonged heat or dry spells.
Application of Fertilizer
✳️Before putting the fertilizer, ensure the soil must be loosen the top soil without disturbing the root system.
✳️ Apply water immediately after application of fertilizer.
✳️At the time of planting, apply a slow
release all-purpose fertilizer by instructions.Supplement with a balanced water-soluble fertilizer once a month.
✳️In case of any insect attack, use neem oil, eucalyptus oil or citrus oil can be sprayed for prevention.
✳️Remove dead, infected or damaged plant parts.
✳️Avoid overwatering the plant. Do not put the plant under direct sunlight,
which causes bleaches or burnts on the plant parts.
✳️AC vents should be away from plant pot.
Initial Care for 1-2 weeks after receiving plant at your location:
✳️Do not repot the plant frequently.
✳️Always check the moisture content of the soil using stick or finger in which the coleus plant growing.
✳️Keep the plant in Natural indirect bright light/Artificial bright light.
Key Requirements to keep the Plant Healthy:
Sunlight Dappled or Partial shade
Watering Evenly moist soil but not soggy. Container plants also require more frequent watering than those grow in the garden.
Soil Good quality soil mix
Temperature Average temperature is 90 Degrees Fahrenheit
Fertilizer A balanced water-soluble fertilizer every two weeks for plants in containers;in the ground, once a month is enough, with the fertilizer diluted to half-strength
Coleus Plant Special feature:
✳️At ancient times,they are used in medicinal purposes such as to treat heart disorders and respiratory disorders such as asthma.
✳️They gives attractive and colorful look to the gardens.
🔻Coleus plants are great for adding color in the garden (or home), especially in those dark, drab-looking corners.
🔻Their diversity of foliage color, leaf shape, and growth habit make Coleus a valuable container.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.