Coleus plant -4 different colors
6 in stock
4 different varieties
These are amazingly beautiful tropical foliage plants, which can be planted in outdoor garden containers hanging baskets, or indoors. These are small plants not growing taller than 1-1.25 meters. They are native to the countries near equators i.e., Ecuador.
HOW TO CARE FOR YOUR COLEUS PLANT:
- Coleus prefers loose, moist, organically rich acidic soil (pH 6-7).
- when kept indoors watering twice or thrice a week is appropriate. Watering should be more frequent when the plant is placed outdoors.
- It does well in partially shaded to full sun. Since it is a small plant, indirect light will be best suited (protect the plant during long hours of direct light i.e., in the afternoon).
- The plant can be cut at the growing tips from the stems of about 6 inches length. This will make the plant bushier and reduce its reproductive growth i.e., producing flowers. The flowers of coleus are small, blue coloured.
- Tropical plants are sensitive to cold temperatures. Place with extreme temperature may lead to the death of the plant. So, grab some stem cuttings from the plant (for propagation) before winter arrives.
- Since, these plants are generally annual, so they require fertilizers during that time every once of twice a month or a week (preferably a liquid fertilizer) or once in two months when using a slow releasing fertilizer.
HOW TO PROPAGATE YOUR COLEUS:
- Take a stem cutting of 4-6 inches in length.
- Remove all the leaves from the lower section of the stem.
- Let a set of 4 leaves be present on the top of the cutting.
- Place the cutting in water, away from direct sunlight but in a bright spot.
- The roots will begin to develop within 3-4 weeks.
- When the root are 1-2 inches, plant them in the soil.
- Make sure the lower section of the cutting is free from leaves.
- Propagation from seeds is also a choice, but it may take longer for the plant to germinate and may affect the viability of the seeds if stored for long.
|COLOURS ON PLANT||Red, orange, pink, violet, green, yellow,|
|PLANT TYPE||Tropical; OUTDOOR/INDOOR|
|SOIL||Acidic to neutral pH; moist/loose soil|
|LIGHT REQUIREMENT||Indirect sun/ full sun (depends on varieties)|
|WATERING||When 1-2 inches of topsoil appears dry; frequent in summers|
|FERTILIZERS||Once or twice a month during growing season|
|PROPAGATION||Stem cuttings; seeds|
KNOW YOUR COLEUS:
Light plays a major role in bringing out the vivid patterns and shades of this plant. The colours such as red and orange on this plant are known to tolerate all day full sun but the variety with purple and black-ish colours fade when kept in full sun. For colours other than mentioned above, keeping the plant in shade for longer duration will lead to not-so-much- colour on the leaves i.e., more of a single-coloured leaf.
Quantity: A minimum of any seven different color coleus plants. Color varies depending on our stock at the farm and according to the season.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.