Sansevieria Trifasciata Golden Hahnii
Out of stock
Email when stock available
Quantity: a single-rooted plant
SANSEVIERIA TRIFASCIATA GOLDEN HAHNII/DWARF? SNAKE PLANT:
These are the dwarf varieties of sansevieria, and may grow to maximum of 10 inches in height. The leaves produced are larger, rounder and flatter leaves that grow wider. It also has the bands all along the length of leaves with the yellow margins.
Care is simple and trouble free.
HOW TO CARE FOR YOUR SNAKE PLANT:
- This variety of snake plant requires bright light (indirect or direct sunlight, both are fine). The yellow margins of the leave will start to turn to green or fade away if sufficient light is not provided.
- For the plant, some tilling of the soil won?t hurt once every month or so. Water the plant only when the upper layer of soil is dry up to 1 inch. Let the plant dry between subsequent watering. A watering schedule of once a week (or 10 days) is fine for plants kept indoors, while plants kept outdoors require a frequent watering due to evaporation.
- Fertilizing the plant once or twice a year is good. They generally show growth in spring and summer months, fertilizing at that time of the year will be great for your plant.
- Extreme cold temperatures up to 10 degrees or below are not good for the growth of plant. If planted in pots in the outdoors, bring the plant indoors.
- Snake plants like to be root bound, therefore, repotting depends on the fertilizer and sunlight you are providing, if the plant is growing faster you will need to repot it within a year or two. But snake plants kept indoors in medium to low light can be repotted 3-5 years.
- Prune the yellow, dull, brown, rotting leaves with the pruning shears.
- As already mentioned, it is a hardy plant and does not require much care. Plant it and let it do its work.
PROPAGATION OF SNAKE PLANT:
- Dear customers, always remember, a plant that has well developed root system is good for the propagation. These plants produce many baby plants (in rosettes) just beside the mother plant from its rhizome roots. You can just cut the baby plant and propagate in soil or in water.
- When propagating in water try to keep the leaves above water or else the leaves will rot. Change the water every few days. Propagating snake plants is trouble free.
- Propagation can also be done via leaf cuttings, cut 2-3 inches or longer leaf from the plant (the leaves can be cut horizontally) allow the leaf cutting to dry and put inside the soil up to 1 inch deep (plant the cutting matching the direction of the original growth of the main plant).
ORIGIN: arid regions of Africa, Madagascar and Southern Asia
COLOURS ON PLANT:? Leaves with bands and? Yellow margins
PLANT TYPE: Tropical plant, can be kept- Indoor and Outdoor(both)
SOIL: Well-draining soil mix
LIGHT REQUIREMENT: low, medium or high direct/ indirect light
WATERING: When upper soil feels dry (overwatering will cause death of plant)
FERTILIZERS: Once or Twice a year
PROPAGATION: By rhizomes (baby plants)
KNOW YOUR SNAKE PLANTS: They are commonly known as Sansevieria?or the?Mother-in-Law’s Tongue?/?Snake Plant (leaves appear somewhat like snakeskin), are very very very (undemanding) easy to care plant and ?just an indestructible plant. These plants are here to make a bold statement in your rooms.
These plants have short, thick roots, with narrow pointy leaves. It can grow to 50cm or longer for long type of varieties, and 35-40cm for dwarf varieties.
There are some more than 70 varieties of snake plant. This tropical plant hails from arid regions of Africa, Madagascar and Southern Asia, hence its leaves are water resistant. The varieties name differs with changes in the leaf patterns such as long with no bands, long with yellow margins and no bands. It was named after a prince of a place, Prince of?San Seviero. It is generally called as sansevieria(genus) which has been changed to Dracaena (new genus).
According to NASA?s CLEAN AIR STUDY, (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NASA_Clean_Air_Study), snake plants are known to remove benzene, formaldehyde, trichloroethylene, xylene and toluene, improving and purifying the indoor air quality.
TIP: IF YOU EVER WISH TO GIFT A PLANT TO YOUR NEAR AND DEAR ONES, DO CHOOSE SNAKE PLANTS (don?t go on the name!!), YOU CAN NEVER GO WRONG WITH THIS PLANT.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.