Purple Velvet Plant/ Velvet violet plant/ Gynura Aurantiaca
Out of stock
Email when stock available
Quantity- 1 plant with root
PURPLE VELVET PLANT/ PURPLE PASSION PLANT:
The leaves of the plant are a major attraction, which are purple and sometimes green coloured. These plants grow upright, and are not vining type.
HOW TO CARE FOR YOUR PLANT:
- A well-draining, loamy soil of acidic pH 5.0-6.5.
- These plants prefer moist and humid soil.
- Position your plant such that it gets indirect bright sunlight and protection from strong sunlight in the afternoon or else it will scorch/burn the leaf/ leaf fall.
- They require indirect sunlight for their optimum growth. More bright indirect light will lead to dark purple colours on the plant.
- Water the plant only when 2-2.5 inches of the top soil has dried.
- Watering schedules to be taken care of especially during the warmest months of the year and hence requires a more frequent waterings.
- Overwatering will lead to rotting of the roots.
- Fertilizing throughout the growing season i.e., spring to fall (April-November), preferably every 4 weeks or so will boost growth of the plant and faster bloom.
PROPAGATION OF PLANT:
These plants after maturation i.e., producing flowers will die off. Hence, stem cuttings are to be propagated and re-potted to continue the availability of Gynura aurantiaca. The flowwrs of purple passion are orange coloured accompanied with an unpleasant odor.
- Cut a stem of 3-4 inches long, with 2 and more leaves.
- Plant these stems in 1-3 inches deep moist soil, away from direct sun.
- Plant in spring or summer (as the roots will develop faster)
- The roots will develop within 4 weeks of time.
In India, we can sell this Purple Velvet Plant/ Velvet violet plant/ Gynura Aurantiaca plant via online delivery systems to any states including Andhra Pradesh, Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Bihar, Chhattisgarh, Goa, Gujarat, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, Jammu & Kashmir, Jharkhand, Karnataka, Kerala, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Odisha (Orissa), Punjab, Rajasthan, Sikkim, Tamil Nadu, Telangana, Tripura, Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand, and West Bengal.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.